Data from the first two encounters were publicly released on November 12, 2019. Future encounters will be released 30 days (level-2) or 90 days (level-3) after receipt of the final data from that encounter. Click the above line to access the SWEAP data archive.
The team is happy to help you with your data needs. For help with instrument data, please see the Team Page for information about who to contact.
Below are a few links of interest if you're using SWEAP data
SWEAP Data User's Guide (PDF) (Updated 2019/11/19)
SPC Data Release Notes (PDF) (Updated 2019/11/12)
SPC Instrument Paper
SPAN-electron Data Release Notes (PDF) (Updated 2019/11/19)
Data Usage Rules
As part of the development of collaboration with the broader Heliophysics community, the mission has drafted a “Rules of the Road” to govern how PSP instrument data is used
- Users should consult with the PI to discuss the appropriate use of instrument data or model results and to ensure that the Users are accessing the most recent available versions of the data and analysis routines. Instrument team SOCs and/or VOs should facilitate this process, serving as the contact point between PI and users in most cases.
- Users should heed the caveats of investigators to the interpretation and limitations of data or model results. Investigators supplying data or models may insist that such caveats be published. Data and model version numbers should also be specified.
- Browse products, Quicklook and Planning data are not intended for science analysis or publication and should not be used for those purposes without consent of the PI.
- Users should acknowledge the sources of data used in all publications, presentations, and reports: “We acknowledge the NASA Parker Solar Probe Mission and the SWEAP team led by J. Kasper for use of data.”
- Users are encouraged to provide the PI a copy of each manuscript that uses the PI’s data prior to submission of that manuscript for consideration of publication. On publication the citation should be transmitted to the PI and any other providers of data.
|Data Level||SWEAP Data Product Description|
|• Raw CCSDS data packets, realtime Level 0 files and SSR binary files.|
|• De-commutated packets (SPANs)
• Instrument Currents (SPC)
|L2||• Calibrated Particle flux (Calibrated and in physical coordinates and units)
• Solar Wind moments and energy spectra (Calculated onboard, calibrated, in physical coordinates and units)
|L3||• Solar wind bulk parameters
• Energy spectra
• Electron pitch angle distribution
(not released yet)
|• Derived power spectra
• Source location
• Event lists